This project for the Royal Freemasons Ltd represented the first major stage in the masterplan redevelopment of 45 Moubray Street, Melbourne.
The new building integrates with the existing 1995 aged care wing and the existing chapel.
The project included 106 aged care bedrooms, administration offices, a commercial kitchen and laundry facilities as well as day therapy and other community services. The Project is surrounded by extensive private, manicured gardens.
At the specific request of the Royal Freemasons’ and the Heritage Council of Victoria, the project was sensitive to its history with the incorporation of a masonic temple façade which served as the former entrance to Coppin Hall (the building which was demolished for the new building works). With extensive consultation with the design team, the 1920’s façade was carefully removed and stored for reinstallation as an external façade to the new building.